New cables in stock

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
      I finally got a batch of custom cables in stock that I've been waiting
      for forever.

      The first adapts the FC-301/D data radio to the standard packet 6-pin
      mini-DIN connector (plus a separate power lead, Powerpoles optional) to
      make it much easier to connect to a TNC.

      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=126

      The second adapts the T2-301 (the Tracker2+radio combination) to the
      same pinout as the OT2m, again with separate power lead. The GPS power
      output is fixed at 5v, though, at least for the current T2-301 board
      revision. This cable is also compatible with the Y-splitter if you need
      access to the second serial port. You can plug a 5-volt GPS receiver
      directly in to this cable.

      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=125

      Once I get the ADS-GM1 GPS receivers back in stock (along with some
      cigarette lighter plugs) I'll be offering a package with everything you
      need for a plug-and-play vehicle tracker, minus the antenna. And I've
      got samples of magmount antennas on the way, too.

      Scott
      N1VG
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
        Could you redo those images of the cables so they will fit on one monitor screen, as things are right now, they are very W I D E.

        > I finally got a batch of custom cables in stock that I've been waiting
        > for forever.
        >
        > The first adapts the FC-301/D data radio to the standard packet 6-pin
        > mini-DIN connector (plus a separate power lead, Powerpoles optional) to
        > make it much easier to connect to a TNC.
        >
        > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=126
        >
        > The second adapts the T2-301 (the Tracker2+radio combination) to the
        > same pinout as the OT2m, again with separate power lead. The GPS power
        > output is fixed at 5v, though, at least for the current T2-301 board
        > revision. This cable is also compatible with the Y-splitter if you need
        > access to the second serial port. You can plug a 5-volt GPS receiver
        > directly in to this cable.
        >
        > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=125
        >
        > Once I get the ADS-GM1 GPS receivers back in stock (along with some
        > cigarette lighter plugs) I'll be offering a package with everything you
        > need for a plug-and-play vehicle tracker, minus the antenna. And I've
        > got samples of magmount antennas on the way, too.
        >
        > Scott
        > N1VG

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
          Scott,

          I know you mentioned that you expect some T2's in soon; will that only cover outstanding orders or will you have a couple extra?

          Thinking of picking up another one to do some APRS WX stuff...

          73
          Mike
          KC2JCJ
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
            Oops... I borrowed my son's 9 MP camera today instead of the 5 MP camera
            I normally use. Forgot to scale the pictures down accordingly. Fixed it.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2009
              There will be plenty left over - I've got 250 coming in this batch, and
              not more than a few dozen on back order. Assembly is scheduled to be
              done on the 10th, so they should be here around the 12th.

              I need to check up with the enclosure manufacturer to make sure they'll
              have those ready in time. I'm running low on the last batch, but I'll
              still probably have enough on hand to catch up regardless.

              Scott