Re: [tracker2] Re: OT+ and a Nuvi350, are they compatable?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
      I don't see what in that paragraph implies compatibility with the nuvi...

      Scott

      captnkliegle wrote:

      > OK found mt answer in Message #5961, but does anyone know why?
      > Advertised as being compatable:
      >
      > The OpenTracker+, successor to the original OpenTracker, is our
      > entry-level APRS tracker, and is available assembled or in kit form.
      > Despite the low price, it's still one of the most advanced APRS trackers
      > available, with support for NMEA waypoint output, SmartBeaconing™,
      > low-voltage inhibit feature, and on-board temperature and voltage telemetry
      >
      > Kriss
      > KA1GJU

      > "captnkliegle" <kliegle@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I posted on the OT groups as well, but some folks are here and not
      > there w/the OT+.
      > >
      > > Anyway, having issues w/OT+ and Nuvi350. Everything works 100% with
      > an OT2. When I try the OT+, no flashing LED for GPS signals (works on
      > OT2), no response to asking MYCALL (--MYCALL works on OT2). If I hook up
      > ADS-GM1 GPS, the LED responds properly and OT+ works properly. If I
      > force a TX, it has a valid position in beacon.
      > >
      > > Is this operator error or does the OT+ not work w/Nuvi?
      > >
      > > Baffled in NH...
      > > Kriss KA1GJU

    • captnkliegle
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        I thought " with support for NMEA waypoint output " meant NEMA output to Nuvi350... that's all. No harm Scott, I have them both, but I will have to inform other that are going to be purchasing soon...if not already.
        Thanks for the reply!

        Kriss

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
          Well, it'll send NMEA out to anything, but the nuvi doesn't speak NMEA...

          Scott