Re: [tracker2] OT+ and a Nuvi350, are they compatable?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
      The OT1+ doesn't work with the nuvi - there's not enough memory to
      support the Garmin binary protocol. The best you could manage would be
      to hook it up with a GTRANS cable (currently out of stock), but the two
      would cost about as much as a T2.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        I don't see what in that paragraph implies compatibility with the nuvi...

        Scott

        captnkliegle wrote:

        > OK found mt answer in Message #5961, but does anyone know why?
        > Advertised as being compatable:
        >
        > The OpenTracker+, successor to the original OpenTracker, is our
        > entry-level APRS tracker, and is available assembled or in kit form.
        > Despite the low price, it's still one of the most advanced APRS trackers
        > available, with support for NMEA waypoint output, SmartBeaconing™,
        > low-voltage inhibit feature, and on-board temperature and voltage telemetry
        >
        > Kriss
        > KA1GJU

        > "captnkliegle" <kliegle@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I posted on the OT groups as well, but some folks are here and not
        > there w/the OT+.
        > >
        > > Anyway, having issues w/OT+ and Nuvi350. Everything works 100% with
        > an OT2. When I try the OT+, no flashing LED for GPS signals (works on
        > OT2), no response to asking MYCALL (--MYCALL works on OT2). If I hook up
        > ADS-GM1 GPS, the LED responds properly and OT+ works properly. If I
        > force a TX, it has a valid position in beacon.
        > >
        > > Is this operator error or does the OT+ not work w/Nuvi?
        > >
        > > Baffled in NH...
        > > Kriss KA1GJU

      • captnkliegle
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
          I thought " with support for NMEA waypoint output " meant NEMA output to Nuvi350... that's all. No harm Scott, I have them both, but I will have to inform other that are going to be purchasing soon...if not already.
          Thanks for the reply!

          Kriss

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
            Well, it'll send NMEA out to anything, but the nuvi doesn't speak NMEA...

            Scott