Re: [tracker2] Re: XASTIR tnc-startup files?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
      > Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
      > So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?

      Yes, unless you want to set up Xastir to automatically return the OT2m
      to normal operation when it exits.

      Scott
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
        On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, john wrote:

        > Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
        > So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?

        What Scott said... Plus don't check the box for "Init KISS mode on
        startup": That's for a specific TNC available in Europe.

        You can run a KISS TNC in Xastir via a "Serial KISS TNC" interface,
        or via an "AX25 TNC" interface. We have new! Wiki pages on the
        Xastir.org page describing how to set up for either. Comments
        related to improving those two pages are most welcome.

        --
        Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
          On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Curt, WE7U wrote:

          > On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, john wrote:
          >
          >> Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
          >> So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?
          >
          > What Scott said... Plus don't check the box for "Init KISS mode on
          > startup": That's for a specific TNC available in Europe.
          >
          > You can run a KISS TNC in Xastir via a "Serial KISS TNC" interface,
          > or via an "AX25 TNC" interface. We have new! Wiki pages on the
          > Xastir.org page describing how to set up for either. Comments
          > related to improving those two pages are most welcome.

          To be clear, the new pages are the soundmodem page and the ax.25
          page, but I think the two methods for setting up a KISS TNC are
          documented between those two:

          http://www.xastir.org
          -> XASTIR Documentation
          -> HowTos

          --
          Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
          http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
        • john
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
            UPDATE: Thanks for all the input.

            I successfully hacked my way through it and then created some notes on what I did.

            The notes are located in the files section under the name

            73 de K0JDD