Re: XASTIR tnc-startup files?

  • john
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Curt, WE7U" <archer@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, john wrote:
      >
      > > Has anyone worked up any OT2M specific startup/stop files for XASTIR?
      > >
      > > Sorry if it is in a thread somewhere - my search was non-productive.
      >
      > Use KISS mode.
      >
      > --
      > Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
      > http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
      > Lotto: A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
      > Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
      > The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!"

      Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
      So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
        > Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
        > So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?

        Yes, unless you want to set up Xastir to automatically return the OT2m
        to normal operation when it exits.

        Scott
      • Curt, WE7U
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
          On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, john wrote:

          > Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
          > So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?

          What Scott said... Plus don't check the box for "Init KISS mode on
          startup": That's for a specific TNC available in Europe.

          You can run a KISS TNC in Xastir via a "Serial KISS TNC" interface,
          or via an "AX25 TNC" interface. We have new! Wiki pages on the
          Xastir.org page describing how to set up for either. Comments
          related to improving those two pages are most welcome.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2009
            On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Curt, WE7U wrote:

            > On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, john wrote:
            >
            >> Yes, I understand to set the OT2M to KISS.
            >> So do I just leave the XASTIR TNC config items for start/stop blank?
            >
            > What Scott said... Plus don't check the box for "Init KISS mode on
            > startup": That's for a specific TNC available in Europe.
            >
            > You can run a KISS TNC in Xastir via a "Serial KISS TNC" interface,
            > or via an "AX25 TNC" interface. We have new! Wiki pages on the
            > Xastir.org page describing how to set up for either. Comments
            > related to improving those two pages are most welcome.

            To be clear, the new pages are the soundmodem page and the ax.25
            page, but I think the two methods for setting up a KISS TNC are
            documented between those two:

            http://www.xastir.org
            -> XASTIR Documentation
            -> HowTos

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 7, 2009
              UPDATE: Thanks for all the input.

              I successfully hacked my way through it and then created some notes on what I did.

              The notes are located in the files section under the name

              73 de K0JDD