Re: [tracker2] T2-135 as digi while running UI-VIEW32

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
      > The standard T2, on the other hand, can handily function as a tracker,
      > digi, and TNC interface to an APRS app on a computer. I suspect the
      > T2-135 can do the same, within its limitations (available serial
      > ports?).

      Right. I think the only limitations are that the command console and
      configuration interface only exist on port A. Everything else will run
      simultaneously. Without handshaking you may occasionally drop outbound
      packets, though.

      Scott
    • sam_n1nap
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
        Is there a way to use UI-VIEW32 without KISS ? Is there another program like APRSPOINT that doesn't use KISS and so gets around what I think I remember you said was a limited KISS capability a few months ago ?

        Thanks
        Matt

        > > The standard T2, on the other hand, can handily function as a tracker,
        > > digi, and TNC interface to an APRS app on a computer. I suspect the
        > > T2-135 can do the same, within its limitations (available serial
        > > ports?).
        >
        > Right. I think the only limitations are that the command console and
        > configuration interface only exist on port A. Everything else will run
        > simultaneously. Without handshaking you may occasionally drop outbound
        > packets, though.
        >
        > Scott

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
          Matt N1NAP wrote...

          > Is there a way to use UI-VIEW32 without KISS? Is there another program
          > like APRSPOINT that doesn't use KISS and so gets around what I think I
          > remember you said was a limited KISS capability a few months ago ?

          UI-View can be used in "host mode none" but seeing as how you are
          asking on the Tracker 2 list, I assume you mean with a Tracker 2 (or
          T2-135 or T2-301 etc.). They should be in KISS mode to use with UI-View.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH