RE: [tracker2] problem solved

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8 6:42 PM
      Ah... yeah, sometimes Hyperterminal is picky about handshaking, even if you have it disabled.  Had all sorts of trouble with the 1-wire diagnostic routines.

      As for the fill-in... hmm.  I don't want to have to code an exception for that particular case.  I'm planning to add a 'first hop only' flag for each alias though - if it's enabled, the alias will only be used if nothing else has marked a digi field as used or decremented an n-N counter.  That ought to take care of this case, and let it pick up on WIDE-anything as a fill-in without it being specifically requested.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8 10:28 PM
        Then, here's hoping a global "first hop only" flag is enabled as the default.
        73, Cap KE6AFE
[...]

      • Jon
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9 1:56 AM
          --- "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...> wrote:

          > Turns out my problem was my old friend
          > hyperterminal. I've replaced it with
          > another terminal, and all is well in SC.
          > arrrrggghhhh!!!
          Hmmm..

          Should this be used for the beginning of a FAQ?

          http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
        • Jason Winningham
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9 4:16 AM
            On Aug 8, 2006, at 8:42 PM, <scott@...> <scott@...>
            wrote:

            > I'm planning to add a 'first hop only' flag for each alias though -
            > if it's enabled, the alias will only be used if nothing else has
            > marked a digi field as used or decremented an n-N counter.

            Great! IMO, this is a more useful implementation of a "fill-in" digi
            than just setting up a WIDE1-1 alias. If all digis operated this way
            we could have a sane standard path.

            -Jason
            kg4wsv
          • Curt, WE7U
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9 5:15 AM
              On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

              > Turns out my problem was my old friend hyperterminal. I've replaced it with
              > another terminal, and all is well in SC. arrrrggghhhh!!!

              Minicom?

              > next question.... if I wanted to use T2 as a fill in digi, how would I do
              > it? I have digiconfig set to WIDE with a limit of 1, but that will digipeat
              > WIDE2-1 also, which is not the desired behavior.

              Can't you put in "WIDE1" and then give it a limit of 1?