Re: [tracker2] T2 monitor dumb question

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2006
      Something else I've noticed that's weird... I have config 1 set for NOT kiss, and config2 set for kiss.  Changing jp7 near the front makes no difference of what gets copied out the serial port, all is standard ascii aprs packets - never kiss frames with the jumper on or off.

      Wes

      On 8/7/06, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...> wrote:
      I just tested it.... put 12v on the rs232 input and saw the downstream side of R5 go low, so that's working.... and right after confirming that Q1 works, I did a big duh-huh.... when it dawned on me that I already knew that because I could use the config program to talk to it.

      Any other suggestions?
      Wes

      On 8/7/06, Jason Winningham <jdw@...> wrote:

      On Aug 6, 2006, at 8:08 PM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

      > I know its me... but I'm overlooking something.  My T2 will
      > digipeat, but I can't get a command prompt out of it.  I'm using
      > hyper term (I can talk to it with the opentrac config program) 4800
      > bauds.  I see occasional decoded packets on the screen, garmin
      > option is NOT checked.   Pressing enter does not give me a
      > prompt.... what am I missing?

      something similar happened to me recently, and transistor Q1 had
      died.  rs232 would get out of the T2, but nothing got in.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2006
        Wes, are you still having trouble?  Can you send me a copy of your config?

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2006
          It was a false alarm... nothing to see here....

          I'd hit the copy config 1 button, which copied all settings, including the jumper mode change.  So it never changed modes.  once I found that, all was well.
          Wes