Tracker2 and Kenwood TK-705D

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 11:32 AM
      I am trying to build up a standalone digipeater using the tracker2 and a Kenwood TK-705D. Does anyone have any expertise with this particular radio?
    • Bruce W. Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8 2:15 PM
        On May 8, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Bob wrote:

        > I am trying to build up a standalone digipeater using the tracker2
        > and a Kenwood TK-705D. Does anyone have any expertise with this
        > particular radio?

        I used one with an MFJ1270B until the lightning strike, Worked great.
        Hard to find at a decent price. Should work fine once you get it wired
        up. A friend of mine wired a DB9 to the back to keep from having to
        use the Microphone connector. If you have a service manual you should
        find it pretty straight forward to do. He repeated that on a couple of
        805D radios we use for links on our repeater.

        Bruce, KQ4TV