Garmin Duplicate Waypoint problem

  • Bruce W. Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009
      Here is some additional info to posibly use as an argument to get
      Garmin to fix the duplicate waypoint problem in the Nuvi and
      StreetPilot GPS units.

      I purchased a Garmin GPSMAP 276C several years ago. Out of the box it
      had the same problem of creating breadcrumb waypoints as are seen in
      most of the Nuvi and Streetplot units being used with the GTRANS and
      T2 units. Within a few months there was new firmware to update the
      GPSMAP 276C to get rid of this problem.

      I found the following on Garmin's website
      <http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=885>

      Changes made from version 3.70 to 4.00:

      * Corrected issue with waypoint timestamp updates when
      transferring from Mapsource.
      * Corrected duplicate waypoint creation with GPWPL NMEA sentence
      input.
      * Corrected hilight movement problem on proximity waypoint page.

      Hopefully this can be used as an argument to get Garmin to fix the
      problem of duplicate waypoints on the nuvi 360, nuvi 600 series,
      StreetPilot 2720, and StreetPilot 7200.

      Comments?
      Other arguments to use?

      Bruce, KQ4TV