Re: [tracker2] digi question

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2009
      Mike WD5MHZ wrote...

      > I have the tracker 2 set up as a digi I have noticed a some people
      > running wide 2-1 my digi is 2-2

      Are you talking about your own outgoing path? Something like a KPC3+ is
      capable of using multiple paths... e.g. one beacon per hour with a two
      hop path, one beacon per hour with a one hop path, and the rest of them
      (four) direct with no hops. Your WD5MHZ-1 appears to be using WIDE2-2.
      Looking around your area, I would think that a one hop WIDE2-1 would do
      a pretty good job of "announcing the presence" of your digi. However, if
      the frequency is really quiet, you probably wouldn't get too many
      complaints about a two hop path.

      > what would happen if I have wide2-1,wide2-2?

      That would be a "bad" path for a digi. Three hops would be considered
      excessive. Two might be more than "needed". One is often enough. There
      would be a pretty good argument for really high digis to go out with no
      path at all.

      For regular mobile stations, the recommended path is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH