Connection for MaxTrac RG-45 (mic jack) to OT2m

  • akamr.fixit
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 4:53 PM
      Please help! I cannot find a wiring diagram to connect the RG-45 mic jack on my Motorola MaxTrac radio to the DB9 on the OT2m. I know that I will need to draw power from my vehicle because the mic jack on the MaxTrac does not have a power connection--its the rest that I cannot figure out.
    • Bernie Roche
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 10:36 PM
        Hi:

        Does your Maxtrac have the 5-pin or the 12-pin accessory connector at the back? I have the
        schematic for using the 12-pin, and the connectors are available from Motorola and other
        sources. I'm not sure about wiring the 5-pin connector.

        By using the rear connector, your mic will still work normally.

        Best Wishes,

        Bernie
        VE3OTR

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1 10:59 PM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 64 KB
        Hi:

        I forgot to attach the schematic to my first email...here it is.

        Message 4 of 5 , May 1 11:47 PM
          Try the accessory plug on the back. There's a pin out diagram in the wiki.

          James

          On 5/1/09, akamr.fixit <akamr.fixit@...> wrote:
          > Please help! I cannot find a wiring diagram to connect the RG-45 mic jack on
          > my Motorola MaxTrac radio to the DB9 on the OT2m. I know that I will need to
          > draw power from my vehicle because the mic jack on the MaxTrac does not have
          > a power connection--its the rest that I cannot figure out.

          Sent from my mobile device
        • n5lrq
          Message 5 of 5 , May 2 7:41 AM
            here is a link to info on the maxtrac interfacing that might
            help.

            http://www.repeater-builder.com/maxtrac/max-rptr-int.html