RE: [tracker2] OT2M and CDM1550-connections?

  • Peter Dakota Summerhawk
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 29, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB
    That better for you James?
    Let me know if that shows up.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
    [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Ewen
    Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:52 PM
    To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [tracker2] OT2M and CDM1550-connections?

    On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Barry L. Lankford
    <BarryL@... <mailto:BarryL%40hiwaay.net> > wrote:

    > Try setting your email reader to show emails as plain
    text. I normally
    > have my email reader to show and send all email as plain
    text, but when I
    > temporarily set it to show email as HTML, I don't see any
    text in Peter's
    > email

    I'm using gmail, and have no problems viewing HTML or plain
    text from
    anyone else. You want me to use plain text, and Peter wants
    me to use
    HTML. BTW Peter, your email didn't make it to me. I just
    happened to
    see the text on the yahoo groups page.

    It looks like since Peter is only sending HTML, and I have
    YahooGroups
    set to send only plain text to me, I get to see nothing from
    Peter. Oh
    well, I can live with it. When I go to YahooGroups, and
    search for
    this thread, I can't find it. I followed the thread back,
    and in the
    YahooGroups webpage, Peter's messages are empty, but you can
    see the
    text in the preview snippet.

    > It'd be really helpful if folks would stop sending HTML
    emails to forums,
    > not to mention that the size of the email would be reduced
    by about a
    > factor of 8 to 10. I seldom read HTML emails that aren't
    sent to show
    > plain text as an alternative to HTML.

    I have no idea why people feel the need to send HTML when
    it's not
    required. I can live with plain old black text on a white
    background... I get the same information from it as I would
    if the
    text were red or green. Then there's quoting 20 KB of text
    from the
    last 7 weeks of the thread with a "Me too!" at the top!!!

    Message 2 of 17 , Apr 29, 2009
      Yeah, I can read the text, but I'm reading on my Blackberry... But it
      was YahooGroups that was stripping the HTML in my opinion.

      Of course that didn't do anything about quoting of extraneous text for
      no reason. 8)

      Sent from my mobile device