OT2m case?

  • Jason Winningham
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 7:18 AM
      Hey Scott, just noticed the case for the "OT1m/OT2m" on your web site.
      Does this fit the Tracker2 beta boards? What's the 2m model?

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 7:34 AM
        On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:

        > Hey Scott, just noticed the case for the "OT1m/OT2m" on your web site.
        > Does this fit the Tracker2 beta boards? What's the 2m model?

        You've got the OT2m. Case fits either that one or the OT1m, which
        is the OpenTracker1 through-hole with the power-switching FET
        onboard.

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2 8:01 AM
          Yeah, it fits - the through-hole T2 beta boards are model OT2m.  Now I just have to come up with a sticker so I can tell which of these anonymous black boxes is a T2 and which is an OT1...

          I'm very happy with the look and feel of the case.  I think they'll be popular at Dayton when people can see them up close and pick them up.  They're very substantial.

          Is anyone going to DCC in Tucson?  I'll be there.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2 9:36 AM
            But only Curt has the armored variety.  =]  I mis-specified the thickness on the prototypes, and they came out about 50% thicker than the production version.

            I do have a T2 going to Iraq this week, along with a batch of OT1x's.  Might be an opportunity to put that last prototype case to use.

            Scott

            --
            Curt, WE7U. APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo. com/~archer
            "Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. " -- WE7U