ten tec 1220 to T2 interface

  • John
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2009
      Since I have not tackled the alinco 610 interface yet, but thanks for the input it made my decision to attempt another radio just for APRS since the right half of the alinco would be locked into tx.

      I have a TenTec 1220 simple kit radio that works perfect. I have connected the DIN5 to the T2 and wired it, but am unsure of why it does not TX, rx is fine.

      Does the PTT out of the T2 go low, high, or ground?

      I like the Nuvi interface, and can message to the T2 and get return messgages from the t2 and rx from the digi. Just no tx.

      Anyone used a TenTec ?

      john kb4yfk
    • k7ybz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2009
        Hi John,

        The PTT is pulled low through a low Rds FET.

        I am not familiar with how the TenTec is keyed, so I defer to someone else on that.

        Have fun,

        Larry
        K7YBZ