Re: [tracker2] Re: Ok got the 350 connected to the OT2m

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
      Brian KD0FBK wrote...

      2009-04-01 23:19:39 UTC:
      KD0FBK-1>APOT2A,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,K0SUN-10
      :!3855.26Nk09445.78W/214/064/A=001074 14.0V 29C
      [Invalid uncompressed location]

      You're getting closer, but it looks like you have the table and symbol
      character backwards - hi! To fix it, do one of the following. Either...

      1) send a message from the Nuvi to fix it...

      --SYM /k

      2) or you can fix it in otwincfg.exe

      symbol table /
      symbol code k

      3) or run otwincfg.exe to put it into AMODE AUTO so you can open up a
      terminal program and then in the terminal program, enter...

      SYM /k (or SYMBOL /k)

      Of course, if you have to run otwincfg.exe before you can gain access
      from a terminal program, you might as well just fix it in otwincfg.exe!

      4) or by sending an APRS message to it from elsewhere (if you have your
      callsign in the AUTHLIST) to it. The message would go to KD0FBK-1 and
      the content of the message would be "cmd SYM /k" without the quotes...
      assuming you aren't using password access control.

      If you were trying to enter the SUV instead of truck symbol, you
      wouldn't be able to fix it from the Nuvi as you can't enter a backslash.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • brianbarker460
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2009
        Thank you, I sent the message from the Nuvi and it seems to have fixed it, that is great.

        I went back into otconfig and I had the k / in the wrong boxes.