Re: Nuvi 350 Version changes, issues with messags.

  • Garrett Sloan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
      I just realized I had a error in my post, the previous version I was running in my OT2 was not 54680, but the previous Dev build. Tried it again with 54680 with the Nuvi at 6 and the same "stuck" issue was there. After some more playing with Nuvi V6 and the latest dev build, I found that if I send a --ver I get a immediate response, --info gets a immediate response, I can send --ver or --info over and over and get immediate responses from the OT2 continuously. If I send a --beacon the OT2 Beacons immediately, but if I send a --ver and --info right after that, it can take 2 or 3 minutes before they go through and I'll get 2 messages back in quick succession. I'm thinking that possibly it could be that the Nuvi is waiting on a response for the --beacon command which its not getting, then finally timing out and moving on. Just got the OT2 and Nuvi back in the truck this morning after a weekend of scripting playing, I'll have to try it more with another OT2 tonight. Now I just need another Nuvi to play with as well...

      Garrett
      VE6RKY

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Wagner" <mwagner3@...> wrote:

      > I'm curios about this as well - I left my Nuvi at the 5.6 firmware since I had heard there could be issues with some versions of firmware. Since I haven't seen that you can downgrade, I figured I would leave it at its present level and see if it worked.
      >
      > On the 5.6 I am seeing messages get stuck in my outbox. When I look on Findu I see a bunch of acks, but my tracker never seems to pick up on either the acks, or other messages I have attempted to send my Nuvi through the web page.
      >
      > Oh, and I have 54680. I can send the --ver command and it immediately gets a message back from the OT2.
      >
      > I'm now not certain where the problem would lie, unless they broke sometime in the V6 firmware that they fixed already :)
      > Mike KD8KDD
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Garrett Sloan" <spam1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've been playing again today with my Nuvi 350 and OT2, and ran into a "new" issue, wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.
      > >
      > > From Garmin's site:
      > > Change History
      > > Changes made from version 5.60 to 6.00:
      > > Improved non-volatile memory reliability.
      > > Enhanced compatibility with PC Applications.
      > > Compatibility with future maps.
      > > Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.60:
      > > Fixed issue where fleet management interface messages can get stuck in the outbox
      > > Improve handling of the situation where overlapping map data is present on the device.
      > >
      > > I realized I was running V5.5, and performed the updates to 6, I also updated the OT2 firmware to the latest dev build.
      > >
      > > Sending the command from the nuvi --ver I received nothing, so I sent it again a few times, still nothing, then a --bea got no response, but the OT2 was still flashing green as if it had a good fix. about 2 minutes later, all of a sudden the nuvi started "dinging" and the radio keyed up.
      > > I've noticed now that if I send a --ver or any other command, sometimes it goes right through, sometimes it sits in the outbox for 2-3 minutes before being sent now.
      > > I loaded the OT2 firmware for 54680, and --ver messages still can sit in the outbox on the nuvi for a few minutes before being ack'd by a message in the inbox.
      > >
      > > I'm guessing it may have something to do with the "fix" from V5.5 to V5.6 where they "fixed" a issue where fleet management interface messages can get stuck in the outbox.
      > >
      > > Has anyone else with V6 experienced this?
      > >
      > > Garrett
      > > VE6RKY

    • Ken & Cece Westby
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
        Garrett,
        Where did you find the Change History mentioned below? I've looked at
        Garmin's Software and Downloads web site and it doesn't even list the Nuvi
        350 any longer. Until I saw your post, I had concluded that Garmin had
        stopped providing updates to the 350 after version 5.20. Please reply by
        e-mail: w7dyx@...
        Ken W7DYX

        > I've been playing again today with my Nuvi 350 and OT2, and ran into a
        > "new" issue, wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.
        >
        > From Garmin's site:
        > Change History
        > Changes made from version 5.60 to 6.00:
        > Improved non-volatile memory reliability.
        > Enhanced compatibility with PC Applications.
        > Compatibility with future maps.
        > Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.60:
        > Fixed issue where fleet management interface messages can get stuck in the
        > outbox
        > Improve handling of the situation where overlapping map data is present on
        > the device.
        >
        > I realized I was running V5.5, and performed the updates to 6, I also
        > updated the OT2 firmware to the latest dev build.
        >
        > Sending the command from the nuvi --ver I received nothing, so I sent it
        > again a few times, still nothing, then a --bea got no response, but the
        > OT2 was still flashing green as if it had a good fix. about 2 minutes
        > later, all of a sudden the nuvi started "dinging" and the radio keyed up.
        > I've noticed now that if I send a --ver or any other command, sometimes it
        > goes right through, sometimes it sits in the outbox for 2-3 minutes before
        > being sent now.
        > I loaded the OT2 firmware for 54680, and --ver messages still can sit in
        > the outbox on the nuvi for a few minutes before being ack'd by a message
        > in the inbox.
        >
        > I'm guessing it may have something to do with the "fix" from V5.5 to V5.6
        > where they "fixed" a issue where fleet management interface messages can
        > get stuck in the outbox.
        >
        > Has anyone else with V6 experienced this?
        >
        > Garrett
        > VE6RKY

      • Garrett Sloan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
          In case others are looking for it as well, its not easy to find, no search on Garmins site turns it up but google found it:
          http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1675

          Garrett
          VE6RKY