Re: Custom Waypoint images on Nuvi 350

  • Mike Wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2009
      OK, that is the answer I was looking for - I suspected as much. I did some more research and I think you are right, it doesn't seem possible to update the symbols in the Nuvi.

      It might not be a bad idea to mark in the manual that you should turn the "use custom way-point symbols" to "off" if you are using a Nuvi, since in my case, it caused NO way-points/APRS objects to display or even log on the Nuvi. Once I turned that off, a bunch of items suddenly showed up in the Nuvi. I imagine it either hid the ones with an invalid symbol, or didn't even create them for the same reason.

      Thanks!

      Mike KD8KDD