KISS Feature request/question...

  • Garrett Sloan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2009
      I think I may have posted about this before, and now after completing my Nuvi mods and additional Mods to a Touchscreen PC, a KISS feature desire has come up again...

      I would like to leave the OT2 connected to my Nuvi when in the vehicle on port B which is in Garmin mode, I have a Touchscreen PC Connected to the Nuvi on port A in KISS mode so that received position packets get passed to UIView. However, I need to have a additional GPS connected to the computer to allow UIView to know where it is.
      UIView when connected to a D700 with a GPS and in packet mode the D700 sends the received packets, but also passes the GPS data as well which in UIView you configure the software to share the serial port for GPS.
      Would it be possible to add a option to the OT2 to convert the Garmin position to NEMA, and pass that to the other port in KISS mode so that all that would be required would be a Nuvi connected to the OT2 and then the PC and UIView would get both the received RF Packets as well as the GPS location from the Nuvi?

      Garrett
      VE6RKY