Re: Digi Alias and hops; WIDEn-N Handling

  • aa7rd
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2009
      Further testing today shows that an alias of WIDE will respond to any WIDEn-N path, ie:n=1,2,3 etc. However it will reduce the received N hop count remaining to HOPLIMIT-1 if N >= HOPLIMIT or 0 if N < HOPLIMIT.

      To limit the digipeating to local fill-in it was necessary to make the alias be WIDE1 with hops=1. But if I did this with WIDE2, an incoming packet with path of WIDE2-2 was digipeated with a hop count of 0.

      So I'm not sure, but it looks like the WIDEn-N algorithm isn't quite right.

      Cole