Re: 18-pin FMI cable

  • k7ybz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hi Scott,

      It wouldn't work in my case anyway, I don't think. It turns out the cradles have PC boards and they draw 600 ma with the GPS in the cradle. The GPS draws 275 ma by itself. There is a 12/24 to 5 regulator on the board to supply power to the GPS and the board. I was hoping to do a single cable solution for power and data but that is not going to be as trivial as I originally thought. I am still in the thinking and reverse engineering phase but I do have the two 0183 cables to play with.

      Larry,
      K7YBZ