Re: Garmin Nuvi vs. Xastir

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Dan,

      I believe I had this setup running at one time. Been a while since
      I've played with the tracker, but I'm a big time fan of Xastir and
      again, believe that I had this setup running before I got my hands on
      a Nuvi.

      I will say the larger screen Nuvi's (I have a 760) are quite nice.
      Having said that I did have some issue with plotting other APRS
      devices (messaging works great).

      Having said that, I do have an Thinkpad-240, which once you get Linux
      installed on, also make for a nice mobile.

      In any event, I'll check my notes and post whatever I find on the
      original setup I was running.

      73,
      Bob - KA9FLX