Re: [tracker2] Re: Outputting waypoints to Delorme Topo program

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
      On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

      > Xastir already supports APRS waypoints and raster maps (which includes topos).
      >
      > I need to get my hands on a set of USGS Topo DRGs then I should be
      > able to use Xastir in place of DeLorme Topo. I currently use DeLorme
      > Topo for topo maps and Xastir for plotting stations on Tiger
      > shapefiles (mostly roads/water).

      You know I have a complete set for WA right? Those will eventually
      be available for download off the 'net: A new server is going up
      which will have the capacity to host them. I'll hand the CD's/DVD's
      directly to the guy setting up the server so that we don't have to
      FTP them up later.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
      http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
        > You know I have a complete set for WA right? Those will eventually
        > be available for download off the 'net: A new server is going up
        > which will have the capacity to host them. I'll hand the CD's/DVD's
        > directly to the guy setting up the server so that we don't have to
        > FTP them up later.

        Yep, I just don't have easy physical access to you :)

        At one point we were discussing publishing them via BitTorrent. I'd be
        happy to host them this way on my Tier2 server, but I don't have
        physical access to the server so the data would need to be uploaded.

        I'd like to build a map repository BitTorrent tracker--a central
        repository for public domain maps powered by BitTorrent. Finding
        quality maps has always been the biggest hurdle for me in APRS and I'd
        like to solve this.

        Tom KD7LXL
      • Curt, WE7U
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
          On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

          >> You know I have a complete set for WA right?

          > Yep, I just don't have easy physical access to you :)

          Where are you going to be next saturday? To prep you for it, you
          know that as a ham in the NW there's really only one answer, right?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
            > Where are you going to be next saturday? To prep you for it, you
            > know that as a ham in the NW there's really only one answer, right?

            Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort in north Idaho--sorry to disappoint
            you. Spring break starts the 14th, and don't want to make the 6-hour
            journey across the state two consecutive weekends.

            Let's see if I can manage to bring this back on topic...

            I don't see a hamfest object on the map yet. Maybe someone in the area
            (or not in the area) can make that happen with the Tracker2 script
            function.

            Tom KD7LXL