Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi 350 Refurb 109.99

  • Dale J. Robertson
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2 6:41 AM
      No tax at Buy.com unless you are unlucky enough to live in the state where they have their operations. Free shipping too! The total price you pay is $109.99 ea.
      Dale NV8U

      mpechner wrote:
      Amazon has it for $114.  With tax, the buy.com price is $119.

      Amazon just dropped their price by $15 in the last month.  Does this
      mean that the refurb stock is low and the units are being put on
      clearance?

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "jkelly" <jkelly@...> wrote:

      http://www.buy.com/prod/garmin-nuvi-350-3-5-gps-w-preloaded-maps-and-text-to-speech-refurbished/q/loc/111/204694363.html

    • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2 7:07 AM
        According to Scott's wiki, the 360 has the breadcrumb problem, doesn't work the same as the 350.

        I have a friend who has the 360 for bluetooth, and it only works as a headset, I was hoping to shoot mp3 audio to my bluetooth headset and the 360 won't do it.... so since it only works as a speaker phone, I'd just as soon use my cell phone as a speaker phone.

        Wes

        On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:29 AM, ve7pke1 <dave@...> wrote:

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "mpechner" <mikey@...> wrote:
        I found that Tigerdirect.ca hadNuvi 350's for $139 Cdn

        http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2682704&sku=G145-0048%20RB

        Cheaper than other Canadian sources and available.

        They also have new Nuvi 360's. Price is OK but they have them. :-)

        I am hoping the Bluetooth is better than in my Camry hybird which even
        after a replacement unit from Toyota is a joke.

        --
        Wes
        ---
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2 4:00 PM
          Message
          Just confirm it has the latest 2009 map set before you buy.

          I've come across some very low priced refurbished GPSRs, that outdated (sometimes, years and years old) map sets loaded on them.

          73.

          _________________________________
          Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2 6:41 PM
            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...>
            Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping it might work like the 350. I
            have lots of cars so it not a big deal if it does not work.

            If it works as a speakerphone I will be happy. When I travel I do come
            across states that prohibit using your mobile phone without handsfree
            so if it works for that I am happy.

            I can always get a 760 or 780 if the breadcrumbs issue exists. I will
            of course report my findings when I get it.
            Thanks for your information.

            Dave VE7PKE

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 4 8:54 AM
              I just received the 2 nuvi 350's ordered from Buy.com on monday. I was shocked that the free economy shipping got them here so quickly! I can confirm that both are loaded with the 2009 map software. Even though the address on the package says Buy.com is in Fremont, CA the tracking info had mine as originating in Secaucus NJ. I'm guessing that they were either drop-shipped or that buy.com ships from regional distribution centers. anyway they look brand new and came with all the accessories but no CD Dale NV8U

              Christopher K. Greenhalgh wrote:

              Just confirm it has the latest 2009 map set before you buy.

              I've come across some very low priced refurbished GPSRs, that outdated (sometimes, years and years old) map sets loaded on them.

              73.

              ____________ _________ _________ ___
              Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

                When I got my new one for Christmas, there was no CD, as all
                documentation was on the "flash drive" portion of the Nuvi -- just
                plug it into the USB port.

                Glad to hear the Buy.com refurbs have the latest maps, as I just
                ordered one for my brother-in-law!

                Buy.com ships out of several regional warehouses or distribution
                centers -- I usually get shipments from Dallas for my location in
                southeast TX.

                -Lance KJ5O

                On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Dale J. Robertson <dale@...> wrote:
                > I just received the 2 nuvi 350's ordered from Buy.com on monday. I was
                > shocked that the free economy shipping got them here so quickly! I can
                > confirm that both are loaded with the 2009 map software. Even though the
                > address on the package says Buy.com is in Fremont, CA the tracking info had
                > mine as originating in Secaucus NJ. I'm guessing that they were either
                > drop-shipped or that buy.com ships from regional distribution centers.
                > anyway they look brand new and came with all the accessories but no CD Dale
                > NV8U
                >
                > Christopher K. Greenhalgh wrote:
                >
                > Just confirm it has the latest 2009 map set before you buy.
                >
                > I've come across some very low priced refurbished GPSRs, that outdated
                > (sometimes, years and years old) map sets loaded on them.
                >
                > 73.
                >

                > _________________________________
                > Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT
                >
                > www.n8wct.com

                J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
                joe@...
                http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
                Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
                Eat the cookies.
              • Christopher K. Greenhalgh
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 5 2:53 PM
                  Message
                  Thanks for being the guinea pig...er...I mean, sharing the information Dale.  ;)

                  Think Ill pick up another one...while they may continue to go down in price, they cant last forever.

                  73.
                  Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

                    Looks like Radio Shack has the Nuvi 350 refurb for 109.99 till 5/31/09:

                    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3480192

                    Jeff