Re: [tracker2] Re: Outputting waypoints to Delorme Topo program

  • Tom Hayward
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2009
      > Maybe it's something to ask be added to Xastir?

      Xastir already supports APRS waypoints and raster maps (which includes topos).

      I need to get my hands on a set of USGS Topo DRGs then I should be
      able to use Xastir in place of DeLorme Topo. I currently use DeLorme
      Topo for topo maps and Xastir for plotting stations on Tiger
      shapefiles (mostly roads/water).

      Tom KD7LXL
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
        On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

        > Xastir already supports APRS waypoints and raster maps (which includes topos).
        >
        > I need to get my hands on a set of USGS Topo DRGs then I should be
        > able to use Xastir in place of DeLorme Topo. I currently use DeLorme
        > Topo for topo maps and Xastir for plotting stations on Tiger
        > shapefiles (mostly roads/water).

        You know I have a complete set for WA right? Those will eventually
        be available for download off the 'net: A new server is going up
        which will have the capacity to host them. I'll hand the CD's/DVD's
        directly to the guy setting up the server so that we don't have to
        FTP them up later.

        --
        Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
          > You know I have a complete set for WA right? Those will eventually
          > be available for download off the 'net: A new server is going up
          > which will have the capacity to host them. I'll hand the CD's/DVD's
          > directly to the guy setting up the server so that we don't have to
          > FTP them up later.

          Yep, I just don't have easy physical access to you :)

          At one point we were discussing publishing them via BitTorrent. I'd be
          happy to host them this way on my Tier2 server, but I don't have
          physical access to the server so the data would need to be uploaded.

          I'd like to build a map repository BitTorrent tracker--a central
          repository for public domain maps powered by BitTorrent. Finding
          quality maps has always been the biggest hurdle for me in APRS and I'd
          like to solve this.

          Tom KD7LXL
        • Curt, WE7U
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
            On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Tom Hayward wrote:

            >> You know I have a complete set for WA right?

            > Yep, I just don't have easy physical access to you :)

            Where are you going to be next saturday? To prep you for it, you
            know that as a ham in the NW there's really only one answer, right?

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2009
              > Where are you going to be next saturday? To prep you for it, you
              > know that as a ham in the NW there's really only one answer, right?

              Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort in north Idaho--sorry to disappoint
              you. Spring break starts the 14th, and don't want to make the 6-hour
              journey across the state two consecutive weekends.

              Let's see if I can manage to bring this back on topic...

              I don't see a hamfest object on the map yet. Maybe someone in the area
              (or not in the area) can make that happen with the Tracker2 script
              function.

              Tom KD7LXL