Re: [aprssig] Garmin and APRS

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2009
      Scott N1VG wrote...

      > I'm calling on any APRS users who own Garmin automotive navigation
      > systems (nuvi, zumo, StreetPilot), or would honestly buy one if their
      > APRS support was better, to email Garmin and let them know that you
      > want to see real-time waypoint creation through the fleet management
      > interface like on the nuvi 350.

      > http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact

      I tried twice, but the form showed that it failed each time. I had saved
      the text, so fortunately didn't have to type it in each time. I couldn't
      find any other way to contact them short of waiting to phone next week,
      so ended up using the stories@... address. I hope they pass it
      on. I really want them to allow the Zumo 660 to accept waypoint upload
      like the Nuvi 350.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • kb9lgs
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2009

        > Scott N1VG wrote...
        >
        > > I'm calling on any APRS users who own Garmin automotive navigation
        > > systems (nuvi, zumo, StreetPilot), or would honestly buy one if their
        > > APRS support was better, to email Garmin and let them know that you
        > > want to see real-time waypoint creation through the fleet management
        > > interface like on the nuvi 350.
        >
        > > http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/supportcontact
        >
        > I tried twice, but the form showed that it failed each time. I had
        saved
        > the text, so fortunately didn't have to type it in each time. I
        couldn't
        > find any other way to contact them short of waiting to phone next week,
        > so ended up using the stories@... address. I hope they pass it
        > on. I really want them to allow the Zumo 660 to accept waypoint upload
        > like the Nuvi 350.

        That was my experience too. Maybe that is the entire problem. It is
        not that they don't care about or want to hear from this market, they
        don't care about or want to hear from their customers period.

        Right now I am using the 350, but would like a bigger screen and some
        of the other "more advanced features". But I won't be doing anything
        until it will do APRS.
      • Jon
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
          >That was my experience too.