Re: [tracker2] Re: GPS power connection reversed?

  • G8UVE
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
      I reverse polarized mine

      Some clever person put in some protection

      So there was NO magic smoke escaping

      Thanks

      David G8UVE

      Ps

      I used a power connector that live was on the outer and hadn't bothered to check

        :
        : > If the T2 hasn't blown up yet, then I can't imagine how you'd be seeing
        : > 12v on pin 5.
        :
        : I'm not sure either. I'll probably take a closer look at it next
        : weekend when I'm back home and see if I can figure it out, but in the
        : meantime, I'll just put it to work at the house where I don't need a GPS.
        : 73 and many thanks,
        : Kenny
        : K4NNW
        :
        :
        :
        :
        : ------------------------------------
        :
        : Yahoo! Groups Links
        :
        :
        :

        --
        Wes
        ---
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2009

          > > ground. Does anyone have any idea of what would cause this oddity to
          > > happen?
          >
          > Reversed leads on your voltmeter?
          >
          > If the T2 hasn't blown up yet, then I can't imagine how you'd be seeing
          > 12v on pin 5.
          >
          > Scott

          After taking a closer look at things, I discovered why I wasn't seeing
          power on pin 4. The power lead on the board was no longer green, but
          copper-colored, and broken. After taking the board out of the case, I
          discovered that a trace from the power connector to the jumper area
          suffered the same fate. However, I'm still at a complete loss to
          figure out how pin 5 has 12V on it and pin 3 is its ground...
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
            > After taking a closer look at things, I discovered why I wasn't seeing
            > power on pin 4. The power lead on the board was no longer green, but
            > copper-colored, and broken. After taking the board out of the case, I
            > discovered that a trace from the power connector to the jumper area
            > suffered the same fate. However, I'm still at a complete loss to
            > figure out how pin 5 has 12V on it and pin 3 is its ground...

            I hesitate to even speculate without seeing exactly what's blown up.
            I'll be happy to patch it up as best I can if you want to send it back.