Re: command and telemetry questions

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2009

      Here is something that works, have done it myself. This was posted by Scott Miller.

      Here's a quick way to add a 1-wire temperature sensor to an OT1m or
      OT2m: Just cut about 2 mm off the end of a DS18S20's leads, and insert
      it into an RJ11 connector, so that the rounded part of the chip is away
      from the tab and (with the tab down) the leads are in the 3rd, 4th, and
      5th of the 6 slots, then just crimp it in.

      The part you need is sold by Argent, here is the link..

      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=84

      You will need a crimping tool and a RJ12 plug.

      I cannot speak for external control of a relay, perhaps others have done this and can speak first hand of it. I suspect its do-able.