Re: [tracker2] Tracker 2 on HF

  • Mike Zwingl oe3mzc
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
      Randall,
      you can do it, no problem.
      But beaware: NO DCD and no receive at 300baud.
      just beaconing.
      Use COMPRESSED and only short PATH to keep the lenght of the packet at absolute minimum
      in order to maximise the chance to get decoded.
      Problem is the frequency accurracy of ur TRX, since all receiving hf-aprs gateway stations in US are using tnc
      that allow only 20Hz tolerance.
      Would be better to use a SCS DSP-TNC with 800Hz capturing capability and/or ROBUST PACKET mode.

      Can be used as TRACKER too. There is a punch of IGATES already working on 10MHz here in Europe and Afrika.
      Let me know if you need more info.
      vy 73 de Mike
      oe3mzc