Re: [tracker2] Dual serial port modes

  • Jason Winningham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2006
      On Jul 8, 2006, at 11:52 PM, <scott@...>
      <scott@...> wrote:

      > What I need to know from everyone is what dual-port configurations are
      > important to you, and I'll try to support what I can. Completely
      > symmetrical multi-port operation will probably have to wait for my
      > next
      > project, though.
      >
      > NMEA + KISS should be a common one. Seems to work fine so far.

      Well, Garmin + KISS (or Garmin + "monitor" mode) would be nice - plot
      stuff on the GPS and feed an APRS app on a laptop at the same time.
      I _really_ like the results of Garmin mode display on the GPS.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2006
        On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:

        > > NMEA + KISS should be a common one. Seems to work fine so far.
        >
        > Well, Garmin + KISS (or Garmin + "monitor" mode) would be nice - plot
        > stuff on the GPS and feed an APRS app on a laptop at the same time.
        > I _really_ like the results of Garmin mode display on the GPS.

        Garmin + KISS, or NMEA in/out + KISS are what I'd be interested in.
        If the KISS TNC could send the NMEA strings through to the PC, so
        much the better. Perhaps as a different device number on an MKISS
        interface?

        Also: Same as above but replace "KISS" with "CMD mode TNC". in
        this mode, control-E from the PC should cause the TNC to send the
        NMEA string(s) to the PC.