Development build updated

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
      Just posted another update... this one adds support for the ?APRSM query
      to re-send pending messages, and it cuts power consumption by maybe 2 mA
      or so by spending a little more time in wait mode when nothing is happening.

      Scott
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
        Scott N1VG wrote...

        > Just posted another update... this one adds support for the ?APRSM
        > query...

        Would there happen to be any room for ?APRST to have it send the
        route by which the query was received?

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 11, 2009
          Hmm, maybe. Gotta think about how to do that efficiently.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 27 10:58 AM
            I fixed the problem with profile switching; while cleaning stuff up, I
            accidentally changed it so that it was always switching to the CURRENT
            profile, not the other one. Oops.

            This build is almost ready to be promoted to an official release. The
            full change log (vs last official release) is below; I'll post something
            more readable at the time of the official release.

            command.c

            Added one time password mechanism - cmd_secret, get_password(), cmd_passlist
            Used printf in cmd_info, cmd_wxinfo, cmd_send, cmd_smartbeacon
            Changed console_write() - separated out 'done' flag to console_done()
            function
            Added setfreq (T2-301)
            Added setpower (T2-301)
            Added Davis port mode
            Fixed cmd_cwbeacon to actually key PTT when sending
            Fixed cmd_comment so excessively long text doesn't overrun buffer
            Added length limit to cmd_callsign
            Replaced all instances of atoi() with atoui() (smaller substitute)
            Made flags into bitfield
            Telemetry command now saves interval, not on/off
            Enhanced dump command, added 'A'll and 'C'onfig options
            Fixed handling of macros - now reports error if no match found
            Control-C now forces display of prompt for compatibility with KPC-3

            command.h

            Separated console_done() mechanism
            Changed console_put() to TERMIO_PutChar() for use with printf()
            Added new command IDs

            demod.c

            Now takes 8 samples per bit
            Saves RSSI measurement (T2-301) after start-of-frame
            Changed bit sense logic to examine 3 samples

            diagnostics.c

            New: Separated from tracker_main.c

            display.h

            New: Header for LCD functions

            events.h

            Added GET_RSSI event (T2-301)

            garmin.c

            Changes for flags bitfield
            Used sprintf() in garmin_send_open_text()

            hardware.c

            Separated clock setup code from mcu_setup()
            Added radio presence detect (T2-301)
            Configured I/O pins for LCD interface
            Removed FRAM init code

            hardware.h

            Added T2-301 hardware definitions
            Encapsulated voltage conversion in macro

            hd44780.c

            New: LCD interface routines; adapted from old code

            kiss.c

            Made changes for flags bitfield

            nmea.c

            Made changes for flags bitfield
            Added support for sub-second time synchronization (GPRMC-aligned)

            packet.c

            Added RSSI measurement recording
            Made changes for flags bitfield and atoi() to atoui() replacement
            Added PASSALL option to view corrupted packets
            Added TRACE output for packet hex dumps
            Used printf() in process_packet_queue()
            Added FILTER option to remove non-printable characters

            packet.h

            Added RSSI measurement

            parse_aprs.c

            Fixed handling of third-party mic-e packets; now extracts destination
            call properly
            Used sprintf() in parse_aprs(), printf() in message_handler()
            Added support for 'M' pending messages query
            T2-301 includes RSSI (in percent) in display/waypoint comment
            Added LCD support
            Suppressed MAXRANGE test if current position is unknown
            Added one-time password authentication

            script_engine.c

            Fixed altitude variable
            Fixed POKE command
            Script engine now reports if macro was matched or not

            script_engine.h

            Updates to support macro reporting

            Start08.c

            Only clock setup handled now prior to startup; copy-down was causing
            problems in mcu_setup()
            (If PLL is not enabled prior to copy-down/zero-out, watchdog timer will
            expire!)

            status.h

            Changed status flags to bitfield for simpler syntax

            tracker2_config.c

            Changed TOCALL to APOT21

            tracker2_config.h

            Changed telemetry option to interval from boolean
            Added options for half-second time slot, passall, filter, trace,
            proprietary waypoints, otp authentication, and double positions
            Added Davis port mode
            Added OTP sequence and secret

            tracker2_main.c

            Added display support
            Removed old OT1 character constants (not worth the trouble to save a few
            null bytes)
            Added 'scratch' buffer for sprintf() support
            Made changes for status flags bitfield
            Fix time is now initialized to null value
            Added Davis weather station support
            Added LCD support
            Main loop now waits in 'wait' mode to save power
            Added RSSI read handler
            Added tx_number counter
            Added alternating path option
            Used sprintf() extensively in send_packet()
            Added double position report option
            Added half-second time slot support
            Velocity is now marked as invalid on loss of GPS fix
            Port B is now properly re-initialized on mode switch
            Restructured SmartBeaconing code
            Eliminated process_weather(), rolled into send_packet()

            tracker2_main.h

            Changes for OTP support, stack warning

            tracker2_wx.h

            Added Davis WX support

            utility.c

            Added atoui() as smaller replacement for atoi() (unsigned only, 16 bit)
            Added strend() function for sprintf() append
            Removed calc_digit(), itodec(), itodec5() (obsoleted by use of sprintf())
            Added XXTEA encryption routine enctea()

            utility.h

            atoui(), strend(), enctea() added

            vantagepro.c

            New: Support for Davis Vantage Pro weather stations

            waypoint.c

            Major restructuring to use sprintf()/printf() in waypoint output
            Added Garmin PGRMW support
            Added Kenwood/AvMap PKWDWPL support
            Added GPWGT support (Thales, ESRI, Infinity)
            Eliminated dedicated Garmin waypoint buffer, reused scratch[]
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 17, 2010
              I just uploaded build 55506 for testing. This version adds a new
              interlock to the Peet Bros and Davis weather parsers. Both have had
              problems with weather data being corrupted when the unit transmits in
              the middle of receiving data from the station. Hopefully this will fix
              that. It also adds a 4-second timeout to the parsers, so that if you
              unplug the station mid-stream it won't get stuck waiting for data.

              Scott
            • Alan
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2010
                Put 55506 in two mobile OT2M's. Nuvi-350 remote commands, messaging, and tracking worked OK. No problems noted.

                nuvi-755T Lost all message and command output to the OT2M. Last version 55504 some commands stopped working from the 755T. Today The 755 could still receive messages, but would not acknowledge any messages or commands that were sent to the OT2. Flashed it back and functionality returned to normal.

                Noticed some old low priority bugs:
                Text changes to WS2300
                TX Delay decrements when profile tab is touched
                OLD obsolete alias in the default digi config: Relay should go away. WIDE probably shouldn't be there either since it will react to any WIDE, including obsolete "WIDE".

                Thanks Scott,
                Alan

                It behaved well while mobile.

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 19, 2010
                  I'll check those out today. I've got the nuvi 1300 back in the office
                  so I'll do some more tests with it.

                  Scott

                  On 11/18/2010 6:21 PM, Alan wrote:
                  > Put 55506 in two mobile OT2M's. Nuvi-350 remote commands, messaging, and
                  > tracking worked OK. No problems noted.
                  >
                  > nuvi-755T Lost all message and command output to the OT2M. Last version
                  > 55504 some commands stopped working from the 755T. Today The 755 could
                  > still receive messages, but would not acknowledge any messages or
                  > commands that were sent to the OT2. Flashed it back and functionality
                  > returned to normal.
                  >
                  > Noticed some old low priority bugs:
                  > Text changes to WS2300
                  > TX Delay decrements when profile tab is touched
                  > OLD obsolete alias in the default digi config: Relay should go away.
                  > WIDE probably shouldn't be there either since it will react to any WIDE,
                  > including obsolete "WIDE".
                  >
                  > Thanks Scott,
                  > Alan
                  >

                  > It behaved well while mobile.

                  > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just uploaded build 55506 for testing. This version adds a new
                  > > interlock to the Peet Bros and Davis weather parsers. Both have had
                  > > problems with weather data being corrupted when the unit transmits in
                  > > the middle of receiving data from the station. Hopefully this will fix
                  > > that. It also adds a 4-second timeout to the parsers, so that if you
                  > > unplug the station mid-stream it won't get stuck waiting for data.
                  > >
                  > > Scott

                • Alan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
                    55506 Playing some more with the 755T. I put in "--Path WIDE1-1" command and left it there in the outbox. About 30 minutes later It took the command and send a reply. Sent another command, about 30 minutes later it responded again.

                    Hope this helps,
                    Alan