RE: [tracker2] Power Switch

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 8, 2006
      --- scott@... wrote:

      > I've updated the .bin file on the website, so
      > non-Windows downloads should
      > be up to date now. You don't have the option of
      > keeping your configuration
      > data - the XMODEM firmware update is all-or-nothing.
      Ok, I re-checked this.. It DOESN'T work with the mac
      (NAK errors) and my USB serial adaptor, but it works
      fine with hyperterm on a machine with a 'real' serial
      port. I'll try minicom later.

      > But you CAN make your
      > own .bin load now - hook up a T2, set it up how you
      > want it, then
      > right-click on the title bar and select 'export
      > firmware to .bin'. Of
      > course, you still need a Windows box for that
      > step...

      Hmmm, In otwincfg I only get "Move", "Close" and
      "About otwincfg".. then again. I am stupid :)

      Cheers
      de John
      EI7IG

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 8, 2006
        > Ok, I re-checked this.. It DOESN'T work with the mac
        > (NAK errors) and my USB serial adaptor, but it works
        > fine with hyperterm on a machine with a 'real' serial
        > port. I'll try minicom later.

        Interesting. Does it show that it sent any bytes at all? I had to use a
        serial protocol analyzer to figure out what was going on when mine didn't
        work initially. Turned out my XMODEM documentation was wrong.

        > Hmmm, In otwincfg I only get "Move", "Close" and
        > "About otwincfg".. then again. I am stupid :)

        Did you get the latest version? I just downloaded it to be sure and it
        shows up for me. Only when it's connected to a T2, though.

        Scott
      • Jon
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 9, 2006

          > Interesting. Does it show that it sent any bytes at
          > all? I had to use a
          > serial protocol analyzer to figure out what was
          > going on when mine didn't
          > work initially. Turned out my XMODEM documentation
          > was wrong.
          It sends something, cause the OT2 doesn't work
          afterwards.. the bootloader is all thats running I
          guess

          > > Hmmm, In otwincfg I only get "Move", "Close" and
          > > "About otwincfg".. then again. I am stupid :)
          >
          > Did you get the latest version? I just downloaded
          > it to be sure and it
          Cleared the cache on the machine and tried again...
          now I see it..

          Cheers
          de John
          EI7IG