Argh!

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      I just noticed that at some point my carefully laid-out, extra-wide traces
      for the power FET got grabbed by the autorouter and rerouted as standard
      traces. The output trace is only 12 mils wide, when it was supposed to be
      100 mils and routed on both sides of the board.

      This means that for 'Proto B' boards you shouldn't run more than an amp or
      so continuously on the switched power output. If you need more power,
      you'll have to solder directly to the leads of U3. Previous 'Proto A'
      boards should be fine.

      I did confirm that the POWER command works OK remotely.

      Scott
    • Curt, WE7U
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
        On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 scott@... wrote:

        > I just noticed that at some point my carefully laid-out, extra-wide traces
        > for the power FET got grabbed by the autorouter and rerouted as standard
        > traces. The output trace is only 12 mils wide, when it was supposed to be
        > 100 mils and routed on both sides of the board.

        The right name for those traces then is "fuse". ;-)