Re: Tracker2 in Kiss Mode

  • ve7did
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      What is the maximum audio the unit can tolerate before it won't decode
      properly? Is 400mv(rms) too much? If so, what is ideal?

      ...73 Tom

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        I frequently test at 1 V p-p. It should start hard limiting at about 1.5v.

        ve7did wrote:

        > What is the maximum audio the unit can tolerate before it won't decode
        > properly? Is 400mv(rms) too much? If so, what is ideal?
        >
        > ...73 Tom

        > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The T2 needs at least a few mV of signal. The ACT LED blinks when the
        > > T2 thinks the channel is busy, based on whatever your carrier detect
        > > mode is - energy detect, software DCD, or external squelch. It'll
        > > decode packets whether the channel is 'busy' or not.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >
        > > ve7did wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Been having erratic and intermittent operation of the unit when using
        > > > it in kiss mode. I have done some testing and a kpc3+ & a PK-96 work
        > > > flawlessly.
        > > >
        > > > Question I have is, what are the min & max receive signals on pin 5
        > > > which the tracker2 expects to see in order to operate properly?
        > > >
        > > > When the tracker2 does decode properly, I "assume" the ACT led comes
        > > > on slightly later to send the data to the computer. Is this correct?
        > > >
        > > > If so, occasionally (perhaps 20% of time) data is sent to the computer
        > > > WITHOUT the ACT led coming on. (I'm monitoring it with the listen
        > > > command in Linux).
        > > >
        > > > I have fiddled with the EQ jumper and does not make much difference.
        > > > These problems could be caused by too much or not enough audio. I
        > > > again fiddled with the input levels, but could not come up with a
        > > > definitive answer.
        > > >
        > > > Thx.... Tom ve7did

      • Jason Rausch
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
          A buddy of mine just bought a Tracker2 and I helped him get it
          working with UI-View in KISS mode. Problem is, it seems to drop out
          of KISS mode every day or so. He has to drop out of UI-View, fire up
          HyperTerminal and send it an AMODE KISS command to get it going again.

          Has anyone else seen this?

          Jason KE4NYV
          RPC Electronics
          www.rpc-electronics.com

          > I frequently test at 1 V p-p. It should start hard limiting at
          about 1.5v.

          > ve7did wrote:
          > >

          > > What is the maximum audio the unit can tolerate before it won't
          decode
          > > properly? Is 400mv(rms) too much? If so, what is ideal?
          > >
          > > ...73 Tom
          > >
          > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > The T2 needs at least a few mV of signal. The ACT LED blinks
          when the
          > > > T2 thinks the channel is busy, based on whatever your carrier
          detect
          > > > mode is - energy detect, software DCD, or external squelch.
          It'll
          > > > decode packets whether the channel is 'busy' or not.
          > > >
          > > > Scott

          PK-96 work

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
            Jason KE4NYV wrote...

            > A buddy of mine just bought a Tracker2 and I helped him get it working
            > with UI-View in KISS mode. Problem is, it seems to drop out of KISS
            > mode every day or so. He has to drop out of UI-View, fire up
            > HyperTerminal and send it an AMODE KISS command to get it going again.

            What does he have entered for the "into KISS" and "exit KISS" settings?
            I reliably use...

            Into KISS...
            ^C^C^C (or 003,003,003)
            INT 0^M^M
            AMODE KISS

            Exit KISS...
            003,003,003

            The INTERVAL 0 is just to stop the T2 (T2-135 in my case) from beaconing
            (most of the time... there seem to be some exceptions) and without the
            "exit KISS" settings, the com port would hang when I exited UI-View,
            requiring an "end task" to actually shut it down before I could start
            UI-View again or use the com port for something else.

            Are any of the settings in profile switching enabled? I would suspect
            this is the real problem.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH