Re: [tracker2] Tracker2 in Kiss Mode

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      The T2 needs at least a few mV of signal. The ACT LED blinks when the
      T2 thinks the channel is busy, based on whatever your carrier detect
      mode is - energy detect, software DCD, or external squelch. It'll
      decode packets whether the channel is 'busy' or not.

      Scott

      ve7did wrote:

      > Been having erratic and intermittent operation of the unit when using
      > it in kiss mode. I have done some testing and a kpc3+ & a PK-96 work
      > flawlessly.
      >
      > Question I have is, what are the min & max receive signals on pin 5
      > which the tracker2 expects to see in order to operate properly?
      >
      > When the tracker2 does decode properly, I "assume" the ACT led comes
      > on slightly later to send the data to the computer. Is this correct?
      >
      > If so, occasionally (perhaps 20% of time) data is sent to the computer
      > WITHOUT the ACT led coming on. (I'm monitoring it with the listen
      > command in Linux).
      >
      > I have fiddled with the EQ jumper and does not make much difference.
      > These problems could be caused by too much or not enough audio. I
      > again fiddled with the input levels, but could not come up with a
      > definitive answer.
      >
      > Thx.... Tom ve7did

    • ve7did
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        What is the maximum audio the unit can tolerate before it won't decode
        properly? Is 400mv(rms) too much? If so, what is ideal?

        ...73 Tom

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
          I frequently test at 1 V p-p. It should start hard limiting at about 1.5v.

          ve7did wrote:

          > What is the maximum audio the unit can tolerate before it won't decode
          > properly? Is 400mv(rms) too much? If so, what is ideal?
          >
          > ...73 Tom

          > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The T2 needs at least a few mV of signal. The ACT LED blinks when the
          > > T2 thinks the channel is busy, based on whatever your carrier detect
          > > mode is - energy detect, software DCD, or external squelch. It'll
          > > decode packets whether the channel is 'busy' or not.
          > >
          > > Scott
          > >
          > > ve7did wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Been having erratic and intermittent operation of the unit when using
          > > > it in kiss mode. I have done some testing and a kpc3+ & a PK-96 work
          > > > flawlessly.
          > > >
          > > > Question I have is, what are the min & max receive signals on pin 5
          > > > which the tracker2 expects to see in order to operate properly?
          > > >
          > > > When the tracker2 does decode properly, I "assume" the ACT led comes
          > > > on slightly later to send the data to the computer. Is this correct?
          > > >
          > > > If so, occasionally (perhaps 20% of time) data is sent to the computer
          > > > WITHOUT the ACT led coming on. (I'm monitoring it with the listen
          > > > command in Linux).
          > > >
          > > > I have fiddled with the EQ jumper and does not make much difference.
          > > > These problems could be caused by too much or not enough audio. I
          > > > again fiddled with the input levels, but could not come up with a
          > > > definitive answer.
          > > >
          > > > Thx.... Tom ve7did

        • Jason Rausch
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
            A buddy of mine just bought a Tracker2 and I helped him get it
            working with UI-View in KISS mode. Problem is, it seems to drop out
            of KISS mode every day or so. He has to drop out of UI-View, fire up
            HyperTerminal and send it an AMODE KISS command to get it going again.

            Has anyone else seen this?

            Jason KE4NYV
            RPC Electronics
            www.rpc-electronics.com

            > I frequently test at 1 V p-p. It should start hard limiting at
            about 1.5v.

            > ve7did wrote:
            > >

            > > What is the maximum audio the unit can tolerate before it won't
            decode
            > > properly? Is 400mv(rms) too much? If so, what is ideal?
            > >
            > > ...73 Tom
            > >
            > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > The T2 needs at least a few mV of signal. The ACT LED blinks
            when the
            > > > T2 thinks the channel is busy, based on whatever your carrier
            detect
            > > > mode is - energy detect, software DCD, or external squelch.
            It'll
            > > > decode packets whether the channel is 'busy' or not.
            > > >
            > > > Scott

            PK-96 work

          • Keith VE7GDH
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
              Jason KE4NYV wrote...

              > A buddy of mine just bought a Tracker2 and I helped him get it working
              > with UI-View in KISS mode. Problem is, it seems to drop out of KISS
              > mode every day or so. He has to drop out of UI-View, fire up
              > HyperTerminal and send it an AMODE KISS command to get it going again.

              What does he have entered for the "into KISS" and "exit KISS" settings?
              I reliably use...

              Into KISS...
              ^C^C^C (or 003,003,003)
              INT 0^M^M
              AMODE KISS

              Exit KISS...
              003,003,003

              The INTERVAL 0 is just to stop the T2 (T2-135 in my case) from beaconing
              (most of the time... there seem to be some exceptions) and without the
              "exit KISS" settings, the com port would hang when I exited UI-View,
              requiring an "end task" to actually shut it down before I could start
              UI-View again or use the com port for something else.

              Are any of the settings in profile switching enabled? I would suspect
              this is the real problem.

              73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH