Re: [tracker2] T-135 Nuvi 350 help! ping>Scott

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2009
      Yeah, but some other command might be trashing the profile switching
      configuration when you use it. I probably just set mine up to test
      something, but I'll be sure to check it out.

      Scott

      Keith VE7GDH wrote:

      > Scott N1VG wrote...
      >
      > > Either I set that up to test something and forgot about it, or the
      > > development build is corrupting the profile switching configuration
      > > somehow - I'd say either possibility is equally likely.
      >
      > I'm using profile switching successfully with 54730. I'm just using
      > "GPS fix valid / invalid" for the switching.
      >
      > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

    • Christopher K. Greenhalgh
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 2, 2009
        Message
        Okay, here is some progress, but I'm not sure what it means...

        Confirmed everything is set right. Confirmed it was in Garmin mode at 9600 baud via otwincfg.

        Also confirmed the Nuvi is outputting data, which it is.

        I also confirmed the T2-135 was outputting data (while in Garmin mode), which I did with a terminal program.

        Hooked everything up, and still no FMI (DISPATCH) mode, HOWEVER...

        I left everything hooked on my drive home, and it tracked normally (data from the GPS being properly decoded, and TXed out).

        I also noted that everything being received, was successfully being plotted on the Nuvi's screen! But since I wasn't in FMI, there is (of course) no object list or messaging. The Nuvi also beeps now when the cable is unplugged.

        Really looks like the cable to me at this point...Scott, do you test each cable? Is there anything I can here, before sending it back?

        Thanks, and let me know.

        73.

        _________________________________
        Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 9, 2009
          Message
          Okay, updated the firmware to 6.0, and still no luck getting into dispatch mode.

          Anybody have any further ideas? I'm at my wits end here.

          _________________________________
          Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

[...]

          ____________ _________ _________ ___
          Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

          Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> [...]
          > > > radio. Same place you would otherwise connect the cable going from
          > > > the T2-135 to the Nuvi 350. It should be a straight cable for a
          > > > T2-135...
          > > > not a null modem cable.

          > > > Right, but if the T2-135 isn't detecting the GPS receiver, the Nuvi
          > > > probably isn't going to get any waypoints uploaded to it. Connecting
          > > > a different Garmin GPS receiver would prove that the T2-135 was
          > > > outputting received position reports as waypoints.

          > > > Having another Nuvi 350 to try, or another data cable would make
          > > > troubleshooting a bit easier. Hopefully there is someone nearby that
          > > > could get together with you for half an hour so you could try swapping
          > > > some things around.
          > > >
          > > > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          > > > --
          > > > "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"

        • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 9, 2009
            Check the seating of the cables inside the Alinco. That's what was
            worng with mine!

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 9, 2009
              Message
              Hey Lynn,

              Glad to hear you remedied your problem!

              Ill check the internal connector, but with the T-135 and Nuvi exchanging data bi-directionally, methinks there would almost have to be some other symptoms if the connector wasn't hitting on all pins, but hey...I'm willing to try anything now!

              Thank Lynn.

              Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 9, 2009
                Make sure all of the connections are solid, and I forget - did we
                establish that you've got profile switching disabled?

                Is it tracking consistently?

                Scott