Re: [tracker2] T-135 Nuvi 350 help! ping>Scott

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1 4:12 AM
      Ah, got it. I've been avoiding that by making my changes to Profile 1,
      hit the Profile 2 tab, copy from Profile 1, add (P2) to the status text
      and THEN write it to the T2-135. That way if it switches, at least I
      can see which one I'm in and the other settings should be the same. I'd
      read enough on this list to know that switching can get confusing.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS. I've also repeatedly made sure that NONE of the checkboxes are
      enabled in profile switching and I've also resisted the temptation to
      play with scripts until I get all of the basics working.

      Scott Miller wrote:

      > You might have Garmin mode enabled in profile 1, while you're actually
      > running in profile 2.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      > >

      > > Huh? Profile switching disables FMI? Or what does your message mean?
      > > I'm still trying to figure out what to try to get my Nuvi into FMI with
      > > version 6 on the Nuvi.
      > >
      > > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      > >
      > > Scott Miller wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I just went over to the office to get my T2-301 back for the car (it's
      > > > been on the bench for a bit) and it wasn't going into FMI mode when I
      > > > tested it. Turns out I had profile switching enabled. Either I set
      > > > that up to test something and forgot about it, or the development
      > build
      > > > is corrupting the profile switching configuration somehow - I'd say
      > > > either possibility is equally likely.
      > > >
      > > > Scott

      > page. For
      > a male
      > > > >

      > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>>>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>
      >

      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90>>>>

      > troubleshooting,
      > settings,
      > looking

      > of the

      > swapping

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1 5:23 AM
        Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

        > Ah, got it. I've been avoiding that by making my changes to Profile 1,
        > hit the Profile 2 tab, copy from Profile 1, add (P2) to the status
        > text and THEN write it to the T2-135. That way if it switches, at
        > least I can see which one I'm in and the other settings should be the
        > same. I'd read enough on this list to know that switching can get
        > confusing.

        Adding P2 to the status text in profile 2 is a good idea. Speaking from
        experience, profile switching is only confusing when the user doesn't
        realize it has happened!

        > PS. I've also repeatedly made sure that NONE of the checkboxes are
        > enabled in profile switching...

        If that was done, it will never switch to profile 2. However, when you
        are more comfortable with it, I'm sure you will find reasons for using
        profile switching, but on your own terms.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1 8:27 AM
          Yeah, but some other command might be trashing the profile switching
          configuration when you use it. I probably just set mine up to test
          something, but I'll be sure to check it out.

          Scott

          Keith VE7GDH wrote:

          > Scott N1VG wrote...
          >
          > > Either I set that up to test something and forgot about it, or the
          > > development build is corrupting the profile switching configuration
          > > somehow - I'd say either possibility is equally likely.
          >
          > I'm using profile switching successfully with 54730. I'm just using
          > "GPS fix valid / invalid" for the switching.
          >
          > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

        • Christopher K. Greenhalgh
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 2 3:15 PM
            Message
            Okay, here is some progress, but I'm not sure what it means...

            Confirmed everything is set right. Confirmed it was in Garmin mode at 9600 baud via otwincfg.

            Also confirmed the Nuvi is outputting data, which it is.

            I also confirmed the T2-135 was outputting data (while in Garmin mode), which I did with a terminal program.

            Hooked everything up, and still no FMI (DISPATCH) mode, HOWEVER...

            I left everything hooked on my drive home, and it tracked normally (data from the GPS being properly decoded, and TXed out).

            I also noted that everything being received, was successfully being plotted on the Nuvi's screen! But since I wasn't in FMI, there is (of course) no object list or messaging. The Nuvi also beeps now when the cable is unplugged.

            Really looks like the cable to me at this point...Scott, do you test each cable? Is there anything I can here, before sending it back?

            Thanks, and let me know.

            73.

            _________________________________
            Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 9 2:16 PM
              Message
              Okay, updated the firmware to 6.0, and still no luck getting into dispatch mode.

              Anybody have any further ideas? I'm at my wits end here.

              _________________________________
              Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

[...]

              ____________ _________ _________ ___
              Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 9 2:22 PM
                Check the seating of the cables inside the Alinco. That's what was
                worng with mine!

                Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 9 2:37 PM
                  Message
                  Hey Lynn,

                  Glad to hear you remedied your problem!

                  Ill check the internal connector, but with the T-135 and Nuvi exchanging data bi-directionally, methinks there would almost have to be some other symptoms if the connector wasn't hitting on all pins, but hey...I'm willing to try anything now!

                  Thank Lynn.

                  Chris Greenhalgh, N8WCT

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 9 9:08 PM
                    Make sure all of the connections are solid, and I forget - did we
                    establish that you've got profile switching disabled?

                    Is it tracking consistently?

                    Scott