Can I hijack the group for a second?

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
      Does anyone have a suggestion for free video editing software that will allow me to mux audio from one AV stream with another?  I'm not asking clearly, I know.... I want to make a training video, and want to cut away from the person presenting and show slides from a power point while the audio from the presenter continues to run.  None of the software I have will do this unless I extract the audio and attach it seperately, but then I'd have to make sure it synched.

      The presentation is a training class for basic radio ops and aprs in the SC State Guard.  I just want to put it on DVD to distribute.

      Now back to our regularly scheduled email reflector....
      --
      Wes
      ---

      It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must never label a necessary evil as good.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
        I've done that in Adobe Premier, long ago - I'm sure there are cheaper
        options out there.

        Scott

        Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

        > Does anyone have a suggestion for free video editing software that will
        > allow me to mux audio from one AV stream with another? I'm not asking
        > clearly, I know.... I want to make a training video, and want to cut
        > away from the person presenting and show slides from a power point while
        > the audio from the presenter continues to run. None of the software I
        > have will do this unless I extract the audio and attach it seperately,
        > but then I'd have to make sure it synched.
        >
        > The presentation is a training class for basic radio ops and aprs in the
        > SC State Guard. I just want to put it on DVD to distribute.
        >
        > Now back to our regularly scheduled email reflector....
        > --
        > Wes
        > ---
        > You can't get rid of poverty by giving people money.
        >
        > It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must
        > never label a necessary evil as good.

      • Donald Jacob
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
          Wes,
          You can download Adobe Premiere from Adobe's website and use it for
          30 days. You get the full blown program, no lockouts. I will do everything
          that you want and much more.
          I like it much better than Final Cut Pro.

          Don  WB5EKU

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
            THanks, I'll check it out!

            Wes