Xmodem firmware update.

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5 10:14 AM
      Has anyone used this successfully?

      Has anyone used this succesfully with zterm on a Mac?

      Cheers
      John

      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5 10:23 AM
        I've had a couple of reports of people (besides me) using it, but I don't
        recall if any were on a Mac. You need to use the .bin file, not the .s19
        file. I haven't been updating the .bin version because I haven't written a
        translator program yet - preparing the .bin file is a multi-step process
        that requires some manual editing. Once I get a chance to automate it, I'll
        make sure it's kept up to date.

        The XMODEM support should be the standard, ancient version of the protocol -
        128-byte blocks, not XMODEM-CRC or XMODEM-1k. Just about any comm program
        should be able to do that.

        If the bootloader doesn't see the proper signature in the first block, it'll
        just stop what it's doing. You'll see 128 bytes transferred, and it'll
        hang.

        Scott

      • Jon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5 10:51 AM
          Got a Linux box started up and minicom on it
          > .bin file, not the .s19
          the .bin file is what I'm using
          > file. I haven't been updating the .bin version
          > because I haven't written a
          > translator program yet - preparing the .bin file is
          > a multi-step process
          > that requires some manual editing. Once I get a
          > chance to automate it, I'll
          > make sure it's kept up to date.

          Ah.. ok. its behind a bit...
          > The XMODEM support should be the standard, ancient
          > version of the protocol -
          > 128-byte blocks, not XMODEM-CRC or XMODEM-1k. Just
          > about any comm program
          > should be able to do that.

          I'm trying minicom now

          > If the bootloader doesn't see the proper signature
          > in the first block, it'll
          > just stop what it's doing. You'll see 128 bytes
          > transferred, and it'll
          > hang.
          oh oh.

          got several NAK on sector messages...

          It seems to be hung.. alternating between green & red
          in the led... briefly blinking green

          :(

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5 11:06 AM
            I think it was just stuck..

            I borrowed my neighbours laptop and programmed it
            succesfully with that...

            After the next ISS pass I'll plug it into the RIG and
            it'll be back online again..

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5 11:12 AM
              Ok. I'll try to get an updated .bin done today - the last one is pretty
              old.

              You should get a green-green-green-green-red sort of blink pattern. Red
              blinks are page erases, green blinks are row writes. There are 128 bytes to
              a row (and to an XMODEM block) and 512 bytes to a page.

              Scott