DR-135T Use

  • Jon - N7WNX
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
      I just came by a DR-135T and am thinking about setting
      up a more transferable APRS rig to move between vehicles.

      As far as usage goes, is it possible to switch between APRS
      beaconing on the DR-135T with the T2 board installed
      and talking on other 2m frequencies and then switching back again?

      Also, what parts would I need to build a GPS cable to go from
      the T2/135 to my Nuvi 350?

      Thanks,

      Jon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
        > As far as usage goes, is it possible to switch between APRS
        > beaconing on the DR-135T with the T2 board installed
        > and talking on other 2m frequencies and then switching back again?

        Yes, if you've got a memory set to digital mode, the T2 board will turn
        on as soon as that memory is selected. Change to another channel and
        it'll turn off.

        > Also, what parts would I need to build a GPS cable to go from
        > the T2/135 to my Nuvi 350?

        You need the 010-10813-00 cable with male DB9. I don't have the male
        DB9 as a drop-down option yet, but you can request it.