RE: [tracker2] Prototype rev B changes

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 14, 2006
      On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 scott@... wrote:

      > Here's the deal with the pin header - I need about 14 pins for expansion
      > anyway, and it's mostly generic I/O and power/ground, so I'm using the
      > layout of the typical HD44780 LCD header and adding a space for a contrast
      > adjust resistor. The second serial interface is on the header mostly so you
      > can plug in a GPS module there.
      >
      > The I2C port is also on the pin header, so that could be used for expansion
      > of some sort.

      A few thoughts: For the 14-pin header, you can talk to the LCD in
      8-bit mode or 4-bit mode. If one were to use 4-bit mode, could you
      still use the second serial port for the GPS?

      If not, might you consider using the 1-pin circuit for talking to an
      LCD using a Dallas one-wire part so that we _could_ hook both an LCD
      and a GPS to that port? One of their app-notes describes this,
      you've probably seen it.

      Perhaps also a couple of switches and a rotary encoder, you get the
      picture...