Updates to maps

  • Nigel P. Service, VE1NPS
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
      Garmin just issued an update to the 2008 maps.Called 2009.11 or something like that. Haven't got the machine in front of me. However, when I uploaded, Canada base is there but no detail. If I put in "No" and mean to continue "va" for Nova Scotia, the Garmin will only show North Dakota. Also, Garmin now offering Nuvi updates for life at $119.00 US.  Anybody else had the "Canadian update problem"?
      73
      VE1NPS  Nigel
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
        This is all part of the 'assimilation plan'.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel P. Service, VE1NPS"
        <npservice@...> wrote:

        > Garmin just issued an update to the 2008 maps.Called 2009.11 or
        something like that. Haven't got the machine in front of me. However,
        when I uploaded, Canada base is there but no detail. If I put in "No"
        and mean to continue "va" for Nova Scotia, the Garmin will only show
        North Dakota. Also, Garmin now offering Nuvi updates for life at
        $119.00 US. Anybody else had the "Canadian update problem"?
        > 73
        > VE1NPS Nigel

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2009
          Nigel VE1NPS wrote...

          > Garmin just issued an update to the 2008 maps.Called 2009.11 or
          > something like that. Haven't got the machine in front of me. However,
          > when I uploaded, Canada base is there but no detail....

          On the Nuvi, click on MENU, SETTINGS. MAP and then MAP INFO.
          Is there a check mark in "City Navigator North America NT 2008" or in
          your case "2009"? If I uncheck it (2008 version) I just get "outliines"
          and major highways and nothing else.

          If you do the update again, is there an option to go back to 2008?

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH