Re: [tracker2] PLC logic

  • Wes johnston
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 3, 2006
      Perhaps defining multiple orthogonal areas?  A 2 point line suits me ... or a parallelagram... If you look at the coast of SC, it runs approx 45 degrees to the north and east.  A orthogonal box just isn't gunna catch my balloon before it hits water.

      Wes
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 3, 2006
        Sounds like your looking for a polygon like the GIS guys use, or a
        multipoint line than can trace along something like a coastline.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • juha.nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 4, 2006
          On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Wes johnston wrote:

          > approx 45 degrees to the north and east. A orthogonal box just isn't
          > gunna catch my balloon before it hits water.

          IIRC, Scott mentioned support of great-circle distance calculation.
          If that will be scriptable, many local contours could be approximated
          using distance to far far away point (or few points).
          In your case, Madagascar ? :)

          It might work with flat-earth-model too.

          Juha, OH5NXO