Changes

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Still haven't posted an updated version, but the next one will also include
      a bootloader update. This actually reverts a change I made earlier in an
      attempt to fix a clock problem with the SMT prototypes.

      System startup is now significantly faster, partly because of the bootloader
      code change and partly because I modified the startup code so that the PLL
      is now initialized before the copy down and zero out code runs. That bit of
      code isn't very long but before the PLL starts, the CPU is running at a
      whopping 8 kHz clock speed!

      This also seems to fix another problem I was having. The reason the tracker
      takes a few seconds to reset when you give it a reset command or enter
      config mode is that the only way it has to reset and get to the bootloader
      is to wait for a watchdog timeout. With the watchdog timer set on high
      speed (about 300 ms timeout, based on a not-very-accurate internal clock) it
      was resetting before it could finish initialization, so I had it set to low
      speed.

      Anyway, you'll no longer have to sit around for a few seconds waiting for
      the bootloader to start. The delay was just long enough that you'd start
      thinking something was wrong, and it always bugged me.