Re: [tracker2] Re: List GPS units

  • Dwaine Garden
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 8, 2009
      I could get the power off the circuit board of the base monitor.    Pin it maybe to one of the pins in the 9 pin serial connector.     I don't think the monitors use all 9 pins.

      Scott, I think you are going to sell a ton of these cables.

      Dwaine

      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 13, 2009
        Scott N1VG wrote...

        > I don't know if anyone's tested waypoint output on the Zumo series.
        > The rest should work OK at least.

        Thanks for the reply. It would be nice to hear from a Zumo user, but
        good to know that at least messaging should work.

        > I'm still trying to convince Garmin that the waypoint display is a
        > good thing. They promised that in FMI v2, but what they delivered is
        > useless.

        It's too bad they didn't "get it right" at least for the T2.

        > I talked to more Garmin people at CES, but of course those were all
        > sales and marketing guys. I do intend to write up something more
        > formal to present to Garmin on the subject - something with lots of
        > pictures that'll let an executive understand the basics in about 30
        > seconds.

        It's difficult to say how many Nuvis they would sell to the APRS market,
        but going by the interest in the Nuvi 350 now that it's getting hard to
        find, it could be a sizeable number. I've got several friends interested
        in the 350.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH