Re: Magellan

  • wt9m
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
      I have used the Magellan Meridian Platinum model gps with the OT1+ and
      the waypoints show up on it so I would think the tracker2 should work
      also. I had to set the waypoint output characters to 8 on the OT1+
      configuration to get them to show up.

      Larry WT9M

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "N.P.Service,VE1NPS" <npservice@...>
      wrote:

      > Throwing this question to the forum, has anyone tried connecting the
      700 and Tracker2 to a Magellan Meridian? The Meridian is old but it
      does have serial out. Question is whether APRS points appear on the
      Magellan screen?

      > 73
      > VE1NPS Nigel

    • Nigel Service
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
        I know this way off track for this column but just wondering if any "geeks" have had experience with Magellan Maestro 5310's coming up with a "Fatal" message on start up? This is why I stick with Garmin as probably everyone else on this site. Magellan is willing to give some (little) help on fixing but when that doesn't work, all they are prepared to do is replace with another unit at a lesser cost which isn't always best for the customer! I have tried chechdsk but that doesn't work. Tried resets, etc and they don't work. Computer at times doesn't even want to recognize there is a GPS on board!

        73
        VE1NPS    Nigel