Re: [tracker2] Magellan

  • paul sinclair
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
      I know its not exactly the same, but my Magellan SporTrack shows the waypoints perfectly..

       - Paul

      On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:37 PM, N.P.Service,VE1NPS <npservice@...> wrote:

      Throwing this question to the forum, has anyone tried connecting the 700 and Tracker2 to a Magellan Meridian? The Meridian is old but it does have serial out. Question is whether APRS points appear on the Magellan screen?

      73
      VE1NPS   Nigel

    • wt9m
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2009
        I have used the Magellan Meridian Platinum model gps with the OT1+ and
        the waypoints show up on it so I would think the tracker2 should work
        also. I had to set the waypoint output characters to 8 on the OT1+
        configuration to get them to show up.

        Larry WT9M

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "N.P.Service,VE1NPS" <npservice@...>
        wrote:

        > Throwing this question to the forum, has anyone tried connecting the
        700 and Tracker2 to a Magellan Meridian? The Meridian is old but it
        does have serial out. Question is whether APRS points appear on the
        Magellan screen?

        > 73
        > VE1NPS Nigel

      • Nigel Service
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
          I know this way off track for this column but just wondering if any "geeks" have had experience with Magellan Maestro 5310's coming up with a "Fatal" message on start up? This is why I stick with Garmin as probably everyone else on this site. Magellan is willing to give some (little) help on fixing but when that doesn't work, all they are prepared to do is replace with another unit at a lesser cost which isn't always best for the customer! I have tried chechdsk but that doesn't work. Tried resets, etc and they don't work. Computer at times doesn't even want to recognize there is a GPS on board!

          73
          VE1NPS    Nigel