Re: LCD View...coughhamhudcough

  • k4nnw
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...> wrote:

      > It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.
      > www.hamhud.net
      > Wes

      Yeah... what he said. That's the setup I have running at the house, albeit without digipeating.
      When I get back home this weekend, I'll mess around with that and see how it behaves, but I
      don't see where that would be any problem. With the HamHUD, you gain ability to compose
      and send messages, as well as scroll through previous stations received (up to 40, methinks).
      I don't remember if the TT4's display will show this, but the HamHUD will display how far
      away the station is and in what direction. It'll also show mobile station speed and heading,
      weather station temp, and wind info, as well as status messages.
      73, and let us know what you ultimately do and how it works out for you,
      Kenny
      K4NNW
    • touf_toufik
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
        Kenny,

        TT4 display the last received packet only, TT4 display show altitude,
        heading etc..
        When available in future firmware update it will be possible to send
        message via PS/2 keyboard directly from TT4 without computer.

        I see HamHud II on there web site but at this time it's not available.

        OT2 must also have there own display to control APRS/Weather/message
        data without computer of course.

        I hope in futur this addon will be available.

        Toufik,
        F0DEI