Re: MOTOROLA GM950/GM350

  • touf_toufik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
      Thanks James for reply,

      I can select for :

      GP1 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
      GP2 : PTT sense
      GP3 : PTT sense
      GP4 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
      GP5 : PTT sense + PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
      GP6 : PTT sense

      I thinks the best way for me is to select PTT voice&data with Active
      Level set to LOW for GP1 (pin 3)

      In menu edit / PER RADIO:
      I have External PTT Accessory Mic is uncheked ??

      Toufik, F0DEI

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "James Ewen" <ve6srv@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I get a motorola GM950 for my futur digipeater setup.
      > > I want to use the 16 pin accessory port or RJ45 plug to connect it to
      > > my futur OT2 (when will be back on stock).
      > >
      > > I'am not sure for connection.
      > >
      > > Pin Name Type
      > > 1 SPKRAnalog O/P
      > > 2 Ext. Mic Audio Analog I/P
      > > 3 GP1 Digital I/P
      > > 4 GP2 Digital O/P
      > > 5 Flat TX Audio Analog I/P
      > > 6 BUS+ Digital I/O
      > > 7 GND Ground
      > > 8 GP3 Digital O/P (carrier detect)
      > > 9 GP4 Digital I/P
      > > 10 Ignition Sense Digital I/P
      > > 11 RX Audio Analog O/P
      > > 12 GP5 Digital I/O
      > > 13* SW B+ Sense Analog O/P
      > > 14 Hook Digital I/P
      > > 15 RSSI Analog O/P
      > > 16 SPKR+ Analog O/P
      > > I need some help to make a wire from OT2 DB9 to RJ45 or 16pin plug
      >
      > Ha, that one's easy for North American Models... I just made 3 of
      > those on Monday...
      >
      > Use the 16 pin accessory plug, and a DB-9 plug. Only 4 wires are
      needed...

      > Moto - DB9 male
      >
      > 2 - 1 TX Audio
      > 3 - 3 PTT
      > 7 - 6 Ground
      > 11 - 5 RX Audio
      >
      > www.batlabs.com/images/maxacc.gif shows the 16 pin accessory plug, but
      > pay attention to the pin numbers. The image shows radio top, and radio
      > bottom identifiers, but on some radios, the plug is inserted upside
      > down. The side listed as radio top in the image is the flat tag side.
      > Look closely at the accessory plug, and you will find the numbers 2
      > and 16 embedded in the plastic next to the pins that correspond.
      >
      > Even numbers are the row closest to the flat plastic tag, odd numbers
      > are furthest away.
      >
      > Now, you'll probably notice that pin 3 on your pinout is GP1 Digital
      I/P.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
        On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:

        > I can select for :
        >
        > GP1 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
        > GP2 : PTT sense
        > GP3 : PTT sense
        > GP4 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
        > GP5 : PTT sense + PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
        > GP6 : PTT sense
        >
        > I thinks the best way for me is to select PTT voice&data with Active
        > Level set to LOW for GP1 (pin 3)
        >
        > In menu edit / PER RADIO:
        > I have External PTT Accessory Mic is uncheked ??

        I'd set GP1 as your PTT, so that the cable you make is standard across
        many models, including those from North America.

        Not too sure about the External PTT Accessory Mic check box, but I'd
        try it checked. Try it one way and if it doesn't work, try the other
        way... you're not going to break anything.