MOTOROLA GM950/GM350

  • touf_toufik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi,

      I get a motorola GM950 for my futur digipeater setup.
      I want to use the 16 pin accessory port or RJ45 plug to connect it to
      my futur OT2 (when will be back on stock).

      I'am not sure for connection.

      Pin Name Type
      1 SPKRAnalog O/P
      2 Ext. Mic Audio Analog I/P
      3 GP1 Digital I/P
      4 GP2 Digital O/P
      5 Flat TX Audio Analog I/P
      6 BUS+ Digital I/O
      7 GND Ground
      8 GP3 Digital O/P (carrier detect)
      9 GP4 Digital I/P
      10 Ignition Sense Digital I/P
      11 RX Audio Analog O/P
      12 GP5 Digital I/O
      13* SW B+ Sense Analog O/P
      14 Hook Digital I/P
      15 RSSI Analog O/P
      16 SPKR+ Analog O/P

      For mic plug i have this :

      PIN Name Type
      1 N/C
      2 N/C
      3 Mic Hook Digital I/P
      4 Ground Ground
      5 Mic Audio Analog I/P
      6 Mic PTT Digital I/O
      7 BUS+ Digital I/O
      8 Handset Analog O/P

      I need some help to make a wire from OT2 DB9 to RJ45 or 16pin plug

      Regards
      Toufik, F0DEI
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
        On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I get a motorola GM950 for my futur digipeater setup.
        > I want to use the 16 pin accessory port or RJ45 plug to connect it to
        > my futur OT2 (when will be back on stock).
        >
        > I'am not sure for connection.
        >
        > Pin Name Type
        > 1 SPKRAnalog O/P
        > 2 Ext. Mic Audio Analog I/P
        > 3 GP1 Digital I/P
        > 4 GP2 Digital O/P
        > 5 Flat TX Audio Analog I/P
        > 6 BUS+ Digital I/O
        > 7 GND Ground
        > 8 GP3 Digital O/P (carrier detect)
        > 9 GP4 Digital I/P
        > 10 Ignition Sense Digital I/P
        > 11 RX Audio Analog O/P
        > 12 GP5 Digital I/O
        > 13* SW B+ Sense Analog O/P
        > 14 Hook Digital I/P
        > 15 RSSI Analog O/P
        > 16 SPKR+ Analog O/P
        > I need some help to make a wire from OT2 DB9 to RJ45 or 16pin plug

        Ha, that one's easy for North American Models... I just made 3 of
        those on Monday...

        Use the 16 pin accessory plug, and a DB-9 plug. Only 4 wires are needed...

        Moto - DB9 male

        2 - 1 TX Audio
        3 - 3 PTT
        7 - 6 Ground
        11 - 5 RX Audio

        www.batlabs.com/images/maxacc.gif shows the 16 pin accessory plug, but
        pay attention to the pin numbers. The image shows radio top, and radio
        bottom identifiers, but on some radios, the plug is inserted upside
        down. The side listed as radio top in the image is the flat tag side.
        Look closely at the accessory plug, and you will find the numbers 2
        and 16 embedded in the plastic next to the pins that correspond.

        Even numbers are the row closest to the flat plastic tag, odd numbers
        are furthest away.

        Now, you'll probably notice that pin 3 on your pinout is GP1 Digital I/P.

        Check in the programming software, and see if you can assign the GPx
        pins to PTT duty. The North American models have programmable I/O
        pins, and can also have some other pin designations reassigned.

        I don't have access to the GM950 European software, so I can't check
        that out for you, but I'd be surprised if you can't assign at least
        one of the GPx pins to PTT input duty.

      • touf_toufik
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
          Thanks James for reply,

          I can select for :

          GP1 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
          GP2 : PTT sense
          GP3 : PTT sense
          GP4 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
          GP5 : PTT sense + PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
          GP6 : PTT sense

          I thinks the best way for me is to select PTT voice&data with Active
          Level set to LOW for GP1 (pin 3)

          In menu edit / PER RADIO:
          I have External PTT Accessory Mic is uncheked ??

          Toufik, F0DEI

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
            On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:

            > I can select for :
            >
            > GP1 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
            > GP2 : PTT sense
            > GP3 : PTT sense
            > GP4 : PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
            > GP5 : PTT sense + PTT(voice)or PTT(data) or PTT(voice&data)
            > GP6 : PTT sense
            >
            > I thinks the best way for me is to select PTT voice&data with Active
            > Level set to LOW for GP1 (pin 3)
            >
            > In menu edit / PER RADIO:
            > I have External PTT Accessory Mic is uncheked ??

            I'd set GP1 as your PTT, so that the cable you make is standard across
            many models, including those from North America.

            Not too sure about the External PTT Accessory Mic check box, but I'd
            try it checked. Try it one way and if it doesn't work, try the other
            way... you're not going to break anything.